- The renter must have experience and be capable in all aspects of handling and operating a boat.
- Fishing packages are subject to availability and fishing closures.
- Groups may only rent 1 vessel per group.
- You must be at least 25 years of age OR 21 with a valid PCOC
- Only individuals assigned to the vessel, on the vessels manifest, may board the rental boat.
- If the renter is too inexperienced or may pose a danger to the safety of the vessel or them selves we WILL deny the rental.
- Renters must have valid Canadian drivers license. Reciprocal Divers License Nations are also accepted: Austria, Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK and USA.
- No alcohol, marijuana or other illicit substances are permitted on the vessel at any time.
- If the company suspects the renter is intoxicated authorities will be notified.
- Vessels must stay within boundaries discussed at time of departure.
- Vessels may not leave Canadian waters.
- A vessel may not hold more passengers than seats on the boat. For example the 16 ft 4 seater has a maximum occupancy of 4 people. The 19 ft 6 seater has a maximum occupancy of 6.
- Any damage to the vessel is the renters responsibility.
- Any damage to the environment, other vessels or docks is the renters responsibility.
- Victoria Boat Rentals reserves the right to cancel rentals last minute due to safety reasons including unsafe weather. Rain is not considered a safety concern.
- If VBR cancels a rental due to safety concerns we will return the reservation deposits.
- If renters are more than 30 minutes late for their appointment the company reserves the right to cancel the appointment or charge the renter for the full length of their rental.
- Late returns of vessels are charged at an hourly rate for every 15 minutes the renters are late. Unless Victoria Boat Rentals has offered an extension to the rental.
- Renters will be fines $100 for speeding inside the marina
- Cancelations: Renters may contact VBR 48 hours prior to their appointment to cancel or reschedule to be eligible for a return of their reservation deposit. If renters do not contact VBR 48 hours before their appointment, and wish to cancel, the deposit will be forfeited.
CONDITIONS OF USE, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I intend to rent a boat from the Company (the “Vessel”). I understand and accept that by entering into this rental agreement I am assuming responsibility for any damage that may be sustained by myself or my guests, or to my property, as a result of these risks, dangers and hazards, whether caused by the fault or negligence of the Company or other vessels or their operators or any other person. I am aware that there are many risks, dangers and hazards associated with the use and operation of boats and related equipment, including fishing gear and other recreational equipment. I understand that hazards may include, but are by no means exclusive to: wet, icy or otherwise slippery dock conditions; failure or malfunction of engines, hull or equipment; fire; theft; sinking; capsize; other vessels (including collision with same) and the wake they may create; and changing weather and marine conditions such as tides, currents, waves, rocks, floating debris, and submerged hazards. I assume and accept all risks, dangers and hazards connected to my use of the Company’s facilities and to my use and operation of the Vessel.